Live streamed from the streets of downtown Pest,Budapest,Hungary
This is a live virtual tour delivered personally and live by me. You'll be able to communicate, ask questions, give instructions and share your thoughts with me. I'll show you the amazing sights of downtown Pest and share with you the exciting, funny and touching stories and legends of the Hungarian capital.
I'll show you around on the Parliament square and give you the impressions of the size and details of the building which has many interesting stories to tell. You'll find out what the place has to do with the KGB vs CIA rivalry and how Elvis Presly became an unsung hero of the 1956 Hungarian revolution. We'll dive deep into the darkest period of European history and visit a Holocaust memorial. We'll finish our walk on Liberty Square where the U. S. Embassy is located and you'll hear the story why both Ronald Reagan and Kermit the Frog each have a statue right next to a Soviet war memorial in front of the US Embassador's windows. Don't hesitate to book the tour and find out more!
1. I'll meet you in front of the stunning Parliament buiding of Hungary.
2. We'll continue with a walk on the square to reach a bullethole torn metal wall that commemorates the victims of the anti-communist revolution of 1956 killed on this very spot by the secret police.
3. Our walk continues on the bank of the mighty Danube River just a few yards behind the Parliament building. The views of the city from the riverside are mesmerizing: you'll see the iconic Chain Bridge, the Buda Royal Palace and Castle across the river and the elegant residential zone of the Buda hills in the distance.
4. Right on the river bank we'll stop to see the touching 'Shoes on the Danube bank' Jewish Holocaust memorial set up on the spot of mass executions in 1944.
5. Last we'll walk around Liberty square to see the U. S. Embassy, the Soviet memorial and the statues of Ronald Reagan and Kermit the Frog.
Time to ask your questions, then tour ends.
A good internet connection is required to experience this tour!
Send your Live Virtual Tour booking link to up to 10 friends, and explore Budapest together.
Keep exploring the world with a local guide…from the safety of home!
Private, real-time virtual tours with a local guide: history, cooking, culture and more!
Visit a place you’ve always dreamed of, or re-visit an old favourite with a local expert.
Redeem 100% of the value of your Live Virtual Tour when you book a future, in-person tour with the same guide.
Duration: 1 hour
Please note that the start times for this tour are shown in Central European Time (CET, or Budapest time); and so please remember to consider the time difference when selecting a start time for your Live Virtual Tour. To check the local time in your own location CLICK HERE
Tour durtion is approximately 1 hour but if you have many questions I'll be happy to answer them.
- Guiding Services
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
This was a great experience! We have now done two virtual tours of places that we've never been and enjoyed both. What we like about travel is meeting people from other countries and this is a good way to do that in the current situation. Balint was very knowledgeable, personable, and obviously proud of his country. I've always been curious about Hungary after watching the 1956 uprising as a young boy. Budapest is now on our list of places to go.